dimanche 17 octobre 2010

Make-Up Optional indeed-y-oh !

I have a confession to make : I have only started to clean and moisturize my skin on a daily basis a few months ago. In my teenage years, I did use some acne treatment cream once in a while, but I never stuck to a regular routine. I would even go to bed without removing my foundation. Shame on me, I know.

Having reached the age of reason - and having seen my skin under a dermatologist's black light, which is a traumatizing experience - I went to my local Sephora last May, decided to finally get my life together. Now, I have to tell you, ever since I've gotten out of that joyous acne phase of my life, I've had a fairly clear skin - minor dryness & oilness in my T-zone, occasionnal pimple, a few black heads here and there, but really nothing major. Thus, I didn't need any major improvement - just general maintenance.

Enters Philosophy.


I had heard a lot of people raving about this skincare line, so I figured I could give it a shot. Being the lazy - I mean, busy - person that I am, I needed a routine that would involve as few steps as possible. That is what attracted me to the Purity made simple facial cleanser - it is also a built-in make-up remover. 2 in 1? Awesome, sold !

Then, I needed a moisturizer to take care of the dry patches in my face. Now, I'm sure all of you know, moisturizers and face reams in general are expensive. Very much so. Considering that I work part-time and live on a student's budget, I could not afford to "invest" 45$ in a cream. For 15$, I got the 1 ounce jar of  Hope in a Jar - it might end up being more expensive than buying a larger size, but it sure doesn't hurt as much on the time of the purchase.

Then, usual stuff : check-out, die-a-little-inside expensive bill, take those babies home.

Now, I have told you I had a fairly beautiful skin without using any products - or, without spending a penny. For almost 50$ (Canadian girl, eh!), I almost expected Philosophy to walk my dog and do my laundry. Now, almost 6 months later, I can say that if I still have to take the pup outside at five in the morning, I sure do it with an impeccable skin! Purity Made Simple facial cleanser does a great job at washing my face and removing any make-up I have on. I find that it works best in the shower because the steam opens up all of your pores, but because I was afraid to put my face under the water long enough, I once ended up with some dryed-up product caught in my lashline, and it hurt. Be careful. Also, if you decide to use it to remove your eye make-up (which I always do, but I don't think is recommanded), be very careful to keep it away from your eyeballs, because it burns. This product is gentle enough to be used twice a day, but most of the time, I find that using it daily before I got to bed is plenty. It has done a great job clearing out the few pimples and blackheads I have.

As for Hope in a Jar, I am very glad I got the one ouncer, because it is going to last me forever. I use teeny-tiny amounts at a time, because it is very moisturizing and my skin doesn't need much help. Building it up will make your skin greasy. Don't do that to yourself.

Bottom line, I use these products daily & make-up is optional in very deed ! I now have clear, white skin, thanks to Philosophy! As I have told you, I have purchased these products seperately, since these were the only two I needed. That being said, Philosophy has released a value set called Make-up Optional (you just understood my title now did you !), which includes the Purity Made Simple cleanser, Hope in a Jar moisturizer, but also the Hope in a Tube eye and lip firming cream and When Hope is not Enough firming serum. All the products included in the set are full-sized, so it is a substantial save of money if you were considering to get them all. My twenty-year-old skin didn't need them yet - knock on wood !


Somme toute, de la philo digne de Platon - le Beau dans sa splendeur !


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire