mardi 19 octobre 2010

Get Paid to Watch Ads (that you'll stumble upon anyway)

I'm sure that a lot of you have already heard about Swagbucks already. Swagbucks is a search engine on which you can create an account, and on which you receive certain amounts of "money" (called swagbucks) at random moments when you research stuff. There are several ways to receive additionnal swagbucks daily ( http://www.we-love-swagbucks.com/ for the latest offers & best tricks). But why in earth would I want swagbucks, I hear you say. Well, because swagbucks can be used as money in the swagstore, to get a variety of items, giftcards, or even cash ! Websites like Apple, Amazon, Starbucks and Sephora have giftcards for sale, or 5$ tranfers via Paypal can be purchased.

I do not recall when exactly I signed up for swagbucks, but it was about a month ago. I installed the Swagbucks toolbar, and basically use it anytime I'm researching something (swagbucks is powered by Google, so search results are virtually the same). The random amounts I receive for searches are usually between 5 and 15 swagbucks, I'd say around five times a day. So far, I have earned almost 1,500 swagbucks - enough to purchase 15$ worth of Amazon giftcards. Not bad !

Sounds too good to be true ? Weirdly enough, it's not. Companies pay for Swagbucks to display their websites first when certain keywords are entered - for the user, those are easy to recognize (rule of thumb, you usually don't want the first 5 results of a page, or so). The more people use swagbucks, the most companies are ready to pay to be displayed - the more swagbucks users get in return for using swagbucks, the more they use the website. If you feel like that's selling your soul to the demon of marketing, I can't disagree with you - but, that being said, it's nowhere near as worse, as, let's say, walking on Time Square. And you get something out of it.



Just wanted to spread the word - I'm glad I signed up !


(Part where I become greedy : if any of you were to sign up, clicking this link

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire