dimanche 14 novembre 2010

About that Viral Mascara...

I don't think I have ever seen a make-up product as advertised as the Falsies Mascara has been promoted lately. In a way, it worked - it did pick it up last week.

I was in a hurry (lunch break), so I grabbed the first blue and purple package I saw. I noticed, once I got back to work, that it was the brownish black version, in waterproof. I hate waterproof mascaras, they tend to be rubbish, but it was too late - I figured I'd give it a shot anyway. Also, I prefer black mascara, but frankly, between brown and black, there is virtually no difference.

I expected a wand very similar to the Colossal mascara - first disappointment there. The Falsies' wand is curved, thinner and soft. I usually prefer rigid wands, but no biggie. It is easy to use and I didn't find I had to struggle to make it work.

Now, the formula - its main flaw is something I find very common when it comes to waterproof mascaras - it never really feels dry. The lashes "transfer" to the skin, and you quickly end up with semi-racoon eyes. That being said, when I wore it in the shower, it didn't seem to run, but it did flake. I took a nap with it - transfered some more around my eye area.

If the Falsies do a decent job separating the lashes and making them look thicker on the first coat, I am still very disappointed with the final result. It does not build up well. It didn't do a very good job enhancing my lashes (and  my lashes don't need that much help it begin with !), and I found that the final result looked like an awkward mess between badly applied mascara and cheap false lashes. The lashes look sticky, they do stick together, the mascara transfers around the eye, and the lashes look dull after a few hours. Also, after wearing it too long, it runs under the eye area and its waterproofness makes it hard to remove.

Bitter disappointment. Maybelline could have put couple million dollars they spend on marketing to much better use - say, developping a decent product.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire